Full course description
October 3, 2022 to November 19, 2022
There will be two on-campus events
Orientation: Saturday, October 1
Capstone Event: Saturday, November 19
This academy is intended for High School Seniors.
The senior year is very demanding for high school students. This is an extremely busy time when the students must be prepared to balance enjoying their last year of high school with preparing for their future.
The student should set clear goals and identify ways to achieve those goals. They have to decide if they are going to attend college, enter the workforce or both.
The Salisbury University College and Career Success Academy for high school seniors will provide an opportunity for the student to engage in online and face-to-face opportunities to participate in activities that will help them navigate life on a college campus or in the workplace.
The College and Career Success Academy will consist of 7 weeks of online guided coursework and 2 on campus events. This coursework will allow the seniors to examine:
· Mental Health and Wellness – Coping strategies to have a healthy and safe campus experience.
· Diversity – Considering different cultural and ethnic viewpoints and the relationships they build with others.
· Informational Literacy – Reading and evaluating sources of information for college and work.
· Writing and Research – Academic integrity and identifying plagiarism with academic paper submissions and work correspondence.
· Professional Competencies – Exploring personal strengths and how they help in college or on the job.
· Social Presence and Digital Footprints – Considering how what we post on social media may affect our academic experience or career success. Using social media to build a professional network.
The College and Career Success Academy – Fall 2022, will be taught by instructors that will provide guidance, support and feedback for the students. Seniors that complete the course will receive a digital badge that will be added to their professional profile to show their competency in the course areas.