Full course description
The MyClasses 101 Certificate consists of a series of 5 courses that provide an introduction to MyClasses from a pedagogical point of view in the context of creating and maintaining a course. The purpose is to not only introduce you to the tools available in MyClasses, but why they are useful. You can register for this individual Assignments, Assessments, and the Gradebook course and move sequentially through all modules and complete all quizzes with an 80% or above to receive a course completion certificate.
You can also can register for the MyClasses 101 Series Certificate which requires the completion of all 5 courses. The courses in the MyClasses 101 Certificate series are: 1. Terminology, Features, and Support, 2. Assignments, Assessments, and the Gradebook, 3. Course Structure and Design Strategies, 4. Developing and Locating Content, and 5. Communication and Delivery Strategies.
This course focuses on the most commonly used items in MyClasses: how to create and manage assignments, assessments, and your course gradebook. At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create learning outcomes that are measurable, using verbs Bloom's Taxonomy.
- Identify the difference between learning activities, assignments, and assessments.
- Describe the benefits of authentic assessment.
- Utilize tools to create student-content and student-student engagement, such as groups, discussions, and assignments.
- Differentiate between different types of quizzes available in Canvas and how to use them.
- Apply gradebook management techniques in Canvas.
- Produce feedback using the grading tools available in Canvas.