Full program description
Soaring with Online Learning (Soaring) is a development program to prepare Salisbury University faculty to design, develop and deliver courses in a fully online or hybrid environment through the campus learning management system, MyClasses. Due to COVID-19, Soaring was redesigned into 5 courses to provide faculty and staff flexibility and also opportunity to participate in this program. The program consists of the following courses:
- Course 1: Foundations of Teaching Online at SU (Self-paced)
- Course 2: MyClasses 101: Course Design Essentials (Self-paced)
- Course 3: Backward Design, Learning Outcomes and Alignment (Facilitator led)
- Course 4: Creating Effective Assessments (Self-paced)
- Course 5: Managing Online Interactions (Self-paced with opportunities to practice facilitating synchronous meetings)
Individuals who complete all 5 courses will be receive the Soaring with Online Learning certificate.