Full course description
Intended for SU faculty and staff teaching. This course may be taken individually or as part of the Soaring with Online Learning certificate program. Introduces the SU Online Policy, Quality Matters, and other information for developing and delivering online and hybrid courses. Highlights faculty responsibilities related to online instruction.
- Review the current SU Online Learning Policy and identify faculty responsibilities as outlined in the policy.
- Explain the role of section numbers in relation to online or hybrid course modalities.
- Identify current disciplines offering online, hybrid and satellite distance education programs.
- Articulate the timeline of events and activities associated with the design and delivery of online and hybrid courses.
- Describe the Quality Matters (QM) rubric and core concept of alignment.
- Associate the QM standards to the SU Online and Hybrid course template.
This course is self-paced. A certificate of completion will be given to individuals who earn an 80% or higher for the course.